About this blog:


Welcome to my blog about my dollhouse and miniatures hobby. Here, you will find information on items I have made, bought, and sold, as well as some resources on where to find some really cool stuff! Feel free to browse around and follow my blog!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Quilt update!

Well, I finished my first dollhouse quilt. Even with using the sewing machine, it was quite the venture. In fact, using a sewing machine probably upped the difficulty level a bit, since I had a 1/8" seam allowance. Hmmm. I might just make those pieces wider next time. ;)

Anyway, here is how it turned out.

The top of the quilt. I am pretty happy with this. The binding is a bit too wide, so I will definitely change that for the next quilt (and there will be a next quilt!)


This is the back. I'm not crazy about it, but I had LOTS of this fabric in my stash and wanted to use it. My sewing machine was being a pain too, so the stitches were less than awesome on this side. I still need to trim some stray threads.

This is how it looks on a bed. It fits a dollhouse scale full bed.
It does look good on the bed, so I am pretty happy with that! This quilt is one I will keep, but I will hopefully be designing and making some more for the shop once I get a good method down. :-)

Lessons learned:
1) Hand sewing may actually be better for tiny stitches.
2) Skinny binding will look better in this scale. (And maybe darker for this particular quilt, though I like it when it's on the bed.)
3) Patience is required!
4) I can make tiny quilts! :-D

9 comments:

  1. It's wonderful!
    Greetings, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ma è venuto un ottimo lavoro!Mi piace sopra il letto.Un saluto, Manu

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a test of patience, great job!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Linda,
    I think it looks perfect on the bed. The illusion is perfect.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work Linda! The quilt is quite lovely. I would love to have one and am happy to arrange a swap if you are interested. Happy honeymooning...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to do a swap with you! What kind of quilt would you like? African (like the one above)? Or a random patchwork of various fabrics? My email is lindasminis@gmail.com.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails