About this blog:


Welcome to my blog about my dollhouse and miniatures hobby. Here, you will find information on items I have made, bought, and sold, as well as some resources on where to find some really cool stuff! Feel free to browse around and follow my blog!

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hiya!

Well, it certainly has been a while since I have posted, but so much has happened in the past few months.

1) I got a new job! I am now a professor, teaching biology to undergraduates.

2) Because of #1, I moved from NH to NY. I live in the Albany area. It's very nice, though I do miss the ocean quite a bit.

3) I went to Hawaii about a week ago for a symposium, and that was pretty awesome. :)

Due to all the craziness in my life, my hobbies have been on the back burner, but now that I am settling in, I hope to finish up some projects and start some new ones.

Hopefully this week (or at least within the next couple weeks), I will have shingled my Glencroft (finally) and finished off the rest of the work I need to do for it (add the front door, finish the chimney and attach the front yard).

I also want to explore some of the mini shops in my area. Apparently there is Lord Jim's Dollhouses in Schenectady, Linda's World of Miniatures in Greenville, and Judy's Tiny Shop in Delmar. I hope they are all still open so I can go and check them out. Have any of you been to these shops? I'd love to hear about your experiences in the comments.

Jason still lives in NH (in fact, I am there visiting for the weekend), and this has proved convenient (but still a bit of a bummer that we live so far apart now) because I didn't have a lot of time to move and was able to just move what I need. I'll be taking the Glencroft with me and a box of minis I left behind.

So hopefully I will post more updates soon!

Cheers, and thank you for following my blog!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogland!

    Have a nice day
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda!
    I know this was a post from long ago, but I hope you found some of the NY shops you were looking forward to. Upstate NY is lovely and is my hometown (Cooperstown) and we know the area well. If you are still there, look into the Dollhouse Hall of Fame outside of Cooperstown; there are lovely back roads to get here like route 10. Thanks for you kind comment at my blog!
    Daisy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails