Oi. I started building my Glencroft today. I am now covered in paint and, seemingly, with tiny pieces of plywood. Well I got as far as putting the second floor in, which was a bit of a bear. I hope I am doing this right. I am using wood glue to put together the shell as recommended by a few different sources. It does take a while to dry, and I am learning a lot about patience.
My color scheme is all about bright, cheery, fun and unusual. The main body color will be Turquoise (Apple Barrel, specifically). The timbering will be white, and the trim will be a dark chocolate brown. I love blue and brown together!
No pictures tonight. I am feeling a little disheartened by the progress and worried I am going to screw it up somehow. The second floor was such a difficulty. One of the tabs got bent while trying to pop it in. Yikes. It is easy to hide though...but still a little disheartening. Oh well...let's hope for a more successful endeavor for the rest of the build.