About this blog:

Welcome to my blog about my dollhouse and miniatures hobby. Here, you will find information on items I have made, bought, and sold, as well as some resources on where to find some really cool stuff! Feel free to browse around and follow my blog!

Saturday, October 3, 2009


Well, I have been working on the Glencroft bathroom, and I decided to go for more of a Japanese bath effect. I am concentrating on just having a bath and accessories and leaving out a toilet and sink (one could imagine those exist elsewhere in the house, but they are just not shown). When I went to A.C. Moore, I found my perfect bathtub:

I cut out the rest from foam core and fit it inside. I am still playing with the materials and fit, but this is what I came up with tonight. Obviously I have gaps to fill (I'll use strip wood as trim), but not too bad. I might try illustration board for a better fit as this looks as if it's bowing up in the middle.
I used a bent paperclip and bulletin board tacks for the faucet and knobs, respectively. I may or not stick with these. I am open to ideas of what might work better.

1 comment:

  1. Clever ideas. I found my "bath tub" when I went to throw away the box for my cell phone. I'm learning not to throw anything away!



Related Posts with Thumbnails