About this blog:

Welcome to my blog about my dollhouse and miniatures hobby. Here, you will find information on items I have made, bought, and sold, as well as some resources on where to find some really cool stuff! Feel free to browse around and follow my blog!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Shingling done...and more progress

Today was a trying day, but I came home to Jay waiting in the car to take me out for a nice dinner.That made things better.

When I got home I attacked the Glencroft with stain, varnish, paint and then decided to start the chimney. Why not? So here are some pictures from that experience. I probably won't get to do anything with it again until Wednesday (at the soonest) since I am working late tomorrow, but I am happy since I got further than I planned today.

The stained (and varnished) shingles:

 Below is the top of the chimney. I added bricks to the middle section, and some paperclay to the chimney section below the bricks and above the roofline. Then, I took mortar and spread it over all of the top of the chimney (except for the very top). I took a wet cloth and removed the mortar from the bricks' surfaces and then let the rest dry. Once it dried, I went over it with white acrylic paint. And now it has a cool stucco effect.

The bottom of the chimney is in progress. I am adding bricks in patches, then I am going to fill in the rest with paperclay, and add mortar as I did above. I will paint over the mortar-covered paperclay with the white paint so it looks as if the bricks have been partially stuccoed-over.

Can't wait to finish!! All I have left is the front door....

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails